cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import failed. Click the link below to download the error details.

I'm new to power apps and I'm having serious trouble with importing data from any file.

I tried importing from csv and excel table but nothing works and I get the same looking error.

I'm following this tutorial exactly https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/learn/modules/get-started-with-powerapps-common-data-service/ and I get stuck when we have to import the data https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/learn/modules/get-started-with-powerapps-common-data-service/4-impo... .

I'm stuck here for a second day so I did the exercise many times and I'm certain I'm following everything exactly. I made a new account, I tried multiple browsers, operating systems, network sources and ways to edit the csv file but so far nothing has given me a different result. 

Even though I tried I don't understand the error message. I missing something here? Is there something else that needs to be configured or edited before you can import files? 

"Record","Field","Error"
"59716efa-fad7-42fe-a841-3fb6777750e7","POST https://org475754f9.crm4.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.0/cr529_pets {'cr529_petname':'name','cr529_appointmentdate':'21/11/21','cr529_breed':'dog','cr529_species':'999999','createdonbehalfby.azureactivedirectoryobjectid':null,'createdby@odata.bind':'/systemusers(7eaf5a0a-a818-47b5-ba7e-da735557095b)','modifiedonbehalfby@odata.bind':'/systemusers(7eaf5a0a-a818-47b5-ba7e-da735557095b)','modifiedby@odata.bind':'/systemusers(7eaf5a0a-a818-47b5-ba7e-da735557095b)','createdby.azureactivedirectoryobjectid':null,'createdonbehalfby@odata.bind':'/systemusers(7eaf5a0a-a818-47b5-ba7e-da735557095b)','modifiedonbehalfby.azureactivedirectoryobjectid':null,'modifiedby.azureactivedirectoryobjectid':null}","Reason: Bad Request, Header x-ms-client-request-id 524fbcea-30e1-4418-b282-e16b09c34702, Error code: 0x0, Message: An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: An unexpected instance annotation name 'createdonbehalfby.azureactivedirectoryobjectid' was found when reading from the JSON reader, In OData, Instance annotation name must start with @. at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ReorderingJsonReader.ReadPropertyName(String& propertyName, String& annotationName) at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ReorderingJsonReader.ProcessObjectValue() at Microsoft.OData.Json.BufferingJsonReader.ReadNextAndCheckForInStreamError() at Microsoft.OData.Json.BufferingJsonReader.ReadInternal() at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightDeserializer.ReadPayloadStartImplementation(ODataPayloadKind payloadKind, PropertyAndAnnotationCollector propertyAndAnnotationCollector, Boolean isReadingNestedPayload, Boolean allowEmptyPayload) at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightDeserializer.ReadPayloadStart(ODataPayloadKind payloadKind, PropertyAndAnnotationCollector propertyAndAnnotationCollector, Boolean isReadingNestedPayload, Boolean allowEmptyPayload) at Microsoft.OData.JsonLight.ODataJsonLightReader.ReadAtStartImplementation() at Microsoft.OData.ODataReaderCore.ReadImplementation() at Microsoft.OData.ODataReaderCore.InterceptException[T](Func`1 action) at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataReaderExtensions.ReadResourceOrResourceSet(ODataReader reader) at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.Read(ODataMessageReader messageReader, Type type, ODataDeserializerContext readContext) at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.ReadFromStream(Type type, Stream readStream, HttpContent content, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger)"

1 REPLY 1

I was able to work around the error by deleting the 'createdonbehalfby.azureactivedirectoryobjectid' and all suffixed azureactivedirectoryobjectid' columns from the CSV files.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,167)