I have trying import data from environments and identical solutions. Our tables are absolutely identical. I using Export/Import to/from Excel (*.xlsx). After import, my receiver table still empty and track progress has the next information:
successes - 0, errors - 0, total processed - 0.
If I using CSV format then all data is imported successfully. Is this a problem with the import from Excel in a model-driven app?
We will need a little more information on how you are importing/exporting from Excel. Generally Excel is not the best place to store data. SharePoint or Dataverse are preferable no-cost options.
Hello, @BrianS Thank you for your answer!
So, step-by-step guide (How to export data and import it back through Excel):
1. Launch a model-driven app.
2. Select one or more rows in your default view and then click on the "Export to Excel" button and save the Excel file.
3. Remove all data from your default view (it means your table).
4. Then click on the "Import from Excel" button and select the Excel file with data. Check to correct mapping.
5. Track progress until complete.
Expected Result: imported data or error information (in track progress log).
Current Result: no imported data, no error information (in track progress log).
Maybe I'm a bit late to post here, but there are hidden columns in the beginning of the exported excel file. Deleting the information there helped in my case to import the data.
Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.
A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.
Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!