Did you mean: 
KCh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Import solution/app in Power Apps for Teams

Hi all,

In Power Apps for Teams I see the "Import" button:

KCh_1-1612266748785.png

But when I try to import a solution that I've created in Power Apps (using web Power Apps Studio with Microsoft E3 license), I see this error:

KCh_2-1612267757454.png

Could you please tell me how I can create a correct solution (where. etc.) to be able to import it in Power Apps for Teams?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@KCh,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to import solution into Power Apps for Teams?

If you try to import a solution that is from Dynamics 365 2011 (5.0) or earlier. If you open the solution.xml file within the solution zip file and see the version information at the top is from 5.0, this is the cause of the error.

There is not a supported way to import a solution from a higher version of Dynamics 365 into an organization that is a lower version. There is also not a supported way to import a solution from version 2011 (5.x) into a Dynamics 365 organization that is version 9.x or later.

If your solution has components from a higher version of Dynamics 365, I am afraid there is no way to achieve this currently in Power Apps. This is by design.

For more details about where and how to create a solution, please check the following article:

Create a solution in Dataverse 

Import a Dataverse solution into Dataverse for Teams

Hope it could help.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@KCh,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to import solution into Power Apps for Teams?

If you try to import a solution that is from Dynamics 365 2011 (5.0) or earlier. If you open the solution.xml file within the solution zip file and see the version information at the top is from 5.0, this is the cause of the error.

There is not a supported way to import a solution from a higher version of Dynamics 365 into an organization that is a lower version. There is also not a supported way to import a solution from version 2011 (5.x) into a Dynamics 365 organization that is version 9.x or later.

If your solution has components from a higher version of Dynamics 365, I am afraid there is no way to achieve this currently in Power Apps. This is by design.

For more details about where and how to create a solution, please check the following article:

Create a solution in Dataverse 

Import a Dataverse solution into Dataverse for Teams

Hope it could help.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft ,

thank you very much for the explanation!

Yes, the error is because the version is 9.x.

May I ask you additional question? How can I create a solution with compatible version that can be imported in Power Apps for Teams? I’ve looked links that you proved, and cross-links from these articles, but didn’t find the answer. Looks like I miss something 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,971)