cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Imported Excel Connection

So if I use this type of connector, how do I add new items to it later?  Do I have to delete and readd? Or is there a better way.

Thanks,

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@Mattw112IG 

Yes, that's correct.  It's that straightforward.  The post below says the same thing I did but with more words.

If you need to update the data without deleting + re-adding the connection the alternate option is OneDrive + Excel.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@Mattw112IG 

Yes, that's correct.  It's that straightforward.  The post below says the same thing I did but with more words.

If you need to update the data without deleting + re-adding the connection the alternate option is OneDrive + Excel.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mattw112IG ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Imported Excel Connnection"? Is it the "Import From Excel" connector?

The "Import From Excel" option is used to load static data from Excel into a canvas app, the loaded data would be stored in memory of your canvas app.

And the Imported Excel connection is a Read-only data source, which could not be modified within canvas app itself. In other words, you could not write data back to this Imported Excel connection data source from your canvas app. Instead, you could only add records into this Excel file manually, then remove the Imported Excel connection from your app, then re-add it again.

As an alternative solution, please consider store your Excel file into a cloud storage, e.g. OneDrive. Then you could create connection to this Excel file hosted in OneDrive from your canvas app, and you could write data back to this Excel file directly from your canvas app.

Create an app from Excel table

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (42,485)