cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmw1130
Post Patron
Post Patron

Importing my Canvas App to my SharePoint List Powerapps

I created a Canvas App (data connection is my SharePoint List), but now I want to be able to import that Canvas app to my SharePoint List PowerApps Customization.  Is this possible?  I tried exporting and importing, but it is not attaching to my list.  Do I have to recreate it using the Customized Forms option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pre
Community Support
Community Support

A common point of confusion when creating PowerApps, is the difference between the two different types of apps. As you are talking about customization I would say that there are two different types of apps.

1) When you go to a list in SharePoint, and click the PowerApps menu and choose Customize forms, you are creating a customized list PowerApp. The same thing can be done from list settings –> Form Options.

2) When you create a PowerApps in any other way, such as going to web.powerapps.com, and clicking Create an app, or Make this app, or even if you go to the SharePoint list and click PowerApps –> Create an app…. all of these other ways will create a standalone app.

Related to your query on exporting and importing the app will work in the case of standalone app scenario alone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pre
Community Support
Community Support

A common point of confusion when creating PowerApps, is the difference between the two different types of apps. As you are talking about customization I would say that there are two different types of apps.

1) When you go to a list in SharePoint, and click the PowerApps menu and choose Customize forms, you are creating a customized list PowerApp. The same thing can be done from list settings –> Form Options.

2) When you create a PowerApps in any other way, such as going to web.powerapps.com, and clicking Create an app, or Make this app, or even if you go to the SharePoint list and click PowerApps –> Create an app…. all of these other ways will create a standalone app.

Related to your query on exporting and importing the app will work in the case of standalone app scenario alone.

View solution in original post

Ok, thanks.  Appreciate it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,670)