cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Improve user experience

Hi, I have an application that is used by various areas. Mainly sales and warehouse.

I have a sharepoint list that is used for ordering. Sellers create a new order and this must be filled in the warehouse and marked as finished (as well as the start and end time it was made).

We currently use a shared Excel in Teams and we can all see and edit it. But I need it in SharePoint to connect to powerBI and to standardize the information.

I want to make the display of orders simple for the warehouse, perhaps that only the orders of the day will be shown and that they have not been made.

Or something more dynamic than what I currently have (A gallery):

View ModeView Mode

Edit ModeEdit Mode

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

The best way to achieve your goal is to build the formula piece by piece.  Start with the Items property 

Sort(Search(Filter(colPedidos;PedidoRealizado=Radio3.Selected.Result && Fecha<=DatePicker1.SelectedDate);TextInput1.Text;"nwind_shipname");PedidoDiario;Descending)

Filter(colPedidos;PedidoRealizado=Radio3.Selected.Result)  // you probably need to change the name of Radio3 to the Radio# of your control.  

If that works, then add the datepicker part

Filter(colPedidos;PedidoRealizado=Radio3.Selected.Result && Text(Fecha; ShortDate)=Text(Datepicker1.SelectedDate; ShortDate))

Then add the Search(

Search(Filter(colPedidos;PedidoRealizado=Radio3.Selected.Result && Text(Fecha, ShortDate)=Text(Datepicker1.SelectedDate; ShortDate)), Textinput1.Text; "vendedor")

And if that works, then add the Sort(

Sort(Search(Filter(colPedidos;PedidoRealizado=Radio3.Selected.Result && Text(Fecha, ShortDate)=Text(Datepicker1.SelectedDate; ShortDate)), Textinput1.Text; "vendedor");PedidoDiario;Descending)

If you want to eat an elephant, you cannot do it all at once, you must eat it piece by piece.

*Also, you may want to use a Gallery control with the items aligned side to side like in the datatable instead of using the datatable control. Sometimes it is easier to work with a Gallery than a datatable.  

View solution in original post

@Mike_Gzz 

I think we are very close now.  First, lets fix the Radio control.  You must have one of the "false" entries in your list that probably has a space after it so it is being read as a different value.  Check the data in the list for that if you can find it and fix it.  Then, set the Default property of the radio control as "true".   

Then, just for a test, set the formula regarding the DatePicker as <= rather than = to see if all the data fills the data table. 

Finally, make sure the Text property of the TextInput control is "".  Make the Hint property of that control "Find Order".  

Hopefully then, your table will fill with data. Let me know if you still have a problem. 

Putting me on.gif

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Mike_Gzz 

You could try a datatable control instead of a gallery and filter the Items property for Today()

hi @Drrickryp 
Yes, It's the solution I am looking for.

But I don't know how to filter them by Today.

Could you advise me ?

@Mike_Gzz 

Sure, Filter(yourdatasource, 'Initio De Sortido' = Today()) . FYI its a good idea to name columns in a database table or SharePoint list without spaces; it's called camel case,  so initioDeSortido would be a camel case for that column  'Initio De Sortido' 

@Drrickryp 

Thanks, I already changed in my database using the camel case style.

I apply the formula that you share, however it makes an error.

The expression "iniciodeSurtido" is not valid. Creating query failed.

As a doubt, I would like to filter it by date "Fecha". btw, makes the same error.

3.png

I already created the data table, next to it I have an editing gallery.
Above I have 3 options that I would like to use.
  1. The button, when you click on it, brings all the "no" from the yes / no column.
  2. Date picker that filters the data table by the selected day.
  3. Order finder.

Could you support me that these filters work pls. 

4.png

@Mike_Gzz 

Test this instead: Filter(Pedidos; Text(Fecha;ShortDate)=Text(Today();ShortDate))

@Drrickryp 

GREAT!
It seems to work because it does not mark me error, however it does not show any information and the warning by delegation appears.

Actually i have 2,255 rows...

5.png

@Mike_Gzz 

I think we are getting closer.  try Filter(Perdidos; Text(Fecha; ShortDate) = Text(Datepicker1.SelectedDate; ShortDate)

If this works, the next step will be to create a collection and set up the Search based on the controls above your datatable.

@Drrickryp 

Yes, i think we're close. 
The warning, again is for delegation.

6.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,673)