cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Improve user experience

Hi, I have an application that is used by various areas. Mainly sales and warehouse.

I have a sharepoint list that is used for ordering. Sellers create a new order and this must be filled in the warehouse and marked as finished (as well as the start and end time it was made).

We currently use a shared Excel in Teams and we can all see and edit it. But I need it in SharePoint to connect to powerBI and to standardize the information.

I want to make the display of orders simple for the warehouse, perhaps that only the orders of the day will be shown and that they have not been made.

Or something more dynamic than what I currently have (A gallery):

View ModeView Mode

Edit ModeEdit Mode

40 REPLIES 40

Hi @Anonymous 

The spelling of datepicker is wrong in your formula.  Put a button on the screen and set its OnSelect property to 

Collect(
    colasc;
    Sort(
        Pedidos;
        ID;
        Ascending
    )
);;
Collect(
    coldsc;
    Sort(
        Pedidos;
        ID;
        Descending
    )
);;
Collect(
    colPedidos;
    colasc;
    Filter(
        coldsc;
        Not(ID in colasc.ID)
    )
)

The formula first collects 2000 rows from Perdido sorted Ascending, then collects 2000 rows sorted descending, then creates a third collection that combines the two but eliminates duplicates. 

This will create a collection of all of your rows called colPedidos that you can use in your formula in place of your SharePoint list and it won't cause a delegation problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drrickryp 

WOW looks great!

I did it exactly you said:

7.png

The error is: An operation was expected. We expect an operator, such as +, *, or &, at this point in the formula.

due to the language difference, I didn't have the ;; originally separating the functions.  I redid it.  Once you obtain the collection, you can use the full range of PowerApps functions on it without delegation issues.  Next we can filter it down to just the items you want to see using your controls. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

okok
I replaced all the semicolons, same mistake

not all of them, just the ones separating the collections. Please forgive me, I am not used to your syntax. I normally program in English.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That has been a big problem for me, but I don't know how to change to English.

Excuse me, I'm not a programmer, I'm actually HR.
I already changed all the ";" by "," and I got no response.
Again leave the ";" and same result.
Finally I see that you place double ";;" I also did it but it marks the same error

i feel lost and ashamed

I see my error, I am missing a ; after Pedidos in the first two collections. Lets take it step by step until we get it right.  does

Collect(colasc;Sort(Pedidos;ID;Ascending))

work without an error?  If so, we will chain in the next one

Collect(colasc;Sort(Pedidos;ID;Ascending));;Collect(coldesc;Sort(Pedidos;ID;Descending))

and finally I hope it got this right

Collect(colasc;Sort(Pedidos;ID;Ascending));;
Collect(coldsc;Sort(Pedidos;ID;Descending));;
Collect(colPedidos;colasc;Filter(coldsc;Not(ID in colasc.ID)))

Please don't be angry with me.

Angry.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drrickryp 

Master! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 

Yes! It worked!
all three collections were created.

9.png

What, how can i angry with you. 

you deserve the nobel prize for perseverance

Good Morning @Anonymous 

Ok then!  Lets put that formula to work in your data table but first there are some questions I have that must be answered.  Before answering the questions, put the Items property of the data table as colPedidos.  Then note the names of the columns because these will be necessary in designing the query.  Consider that after filtering the data table, will you want to sort it?  Which fields are involved in the sort and in which direction are they sorted (Ascending vs. Descending)? There can be one or more for sorting.
Your three controls are a button for a Yes/No field, a datepicker for the "Fecha" field and a Textbox control for the "Title" field. We will need the exact column name for the Yes/No field.  The next question is how to design the filtering query for colPedidos.  When using multiple controls, the question is whether you want an And vs Or between the fields that are being queried. In your case, I suspect that you want it to be "And" and to have each field limit the items in the data table.  Is that correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drrickryp  Good afternoon, continuing with this mission haha.

I already placed colPedidos in items and it worked correctly. (Doubt, whenever starts the app, should click on this button?).

The names of the columns are:

Surtidor_Columna1 (Choice Column)

FindeSurtido_Columna1 (Date and time)

IniciodeSurtido_Columna1 (Date and time)

Empresa_Columna1 (Choice column)

PedidoRealizado_Columna1 (Yes/no column)

RutaChofer_Columna1 (Choice column)

EvaluacionSurtidor_Columna1 (Number column)

Factura_Columna1 (Single line of text)

Importe_Columna1 (currency column)

Restriccion_Columna1 (single line of text)

Municipio_Columna1 (single line of text)

Fecha_Columna1 (date and time)

Vendedor_Columna1 (choice column)

PedidoDiario_Columna1 (Number)

PedidoConsecutivo_Columna1 (Title)

The sort would be mainly by date (today), then by PedidoDiario from less to more.

The name of the yes / no column is PedidoRealizado.

By last, I also think that I'm looking for "and"

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,059)