Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Improved App Rendering Unresolved issues 10/11/18

@_Corey_ @CWesener

Here are the issues that persist as of today even after the release of Studio 3.18094. This is it making difficult to further develop using PowerApps. When classic rendering is enabled, I am unable to select any options from the combo box list. If someone could look into the combo box issue, it would be much appreciated.

When improved app rendering is enabled, I experience the following issues in the iOS player:

1) Delayed screen transitions. 
2) Formulas activated in the OnVisible are delayed.
3) Items in a gallery list do not scroll smoothly.
4) Autoheight on labels does not work. Text is cut-off on screen.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @jlister,

Which version of PowerApps Mobile App within your iOS Mobile device?

Does these issues also occur within your PowerApps for web (In Player mode)?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of PowerApps Mobile App within my iOS device is 3.18101.21, the version of my iOS device is 11.4.

Please check if the version of PowerApps Mobile App within your iOS device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it into the last version, then check if the issue is solved.

Please also take a try to disable/turn off the "Delayed load" option within Advanced setting of App settings, then check if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, please take a try to uninstall the PowerApps Mobile App, and then re-install it, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hello @v-xida-msft

@_Corey_ was able to reproduce the issue of not bering able to select items in a combo box when classic rednering mode is enbled. Here is the thread regarding this specific issue https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Improved-app-rendering-issues/m-p/167856/high... .

I am using iOS 12.0.1 and PowerApps iOS 3.181022.22. However, these issue have been relevant trhough all versions.
I deactivated delayed load and re-installed PowerApps on my iPhone. The issues still persist. 1) The text inside of labels which are set to auto-height are being cutt-off. 2) Variables placed in the OnVisible action are delayed. I have an a couple elements that depend on a variable's status to set their visibility to true or false. When using the improved app rendering, the DOM elements are visible before the OnVisible executes and therefore the elements show for a brief second before the visibility is set to false from the OnVisible action. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,724)