cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rliles
Level: Powered On

Improved Rendering is causing my Gallery Items to disappears, swapping back to classic corrects.

I have a checklist app that I have created.  It is loading a list of 25 questions from a sharepoint site of around 70 entries.  When under classic mode it renders perfectly, but when it is switched to Improved Rendering (which seems to be happening automatically now) the scrolling from my IOS device causes the gallery items to disappear.  Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: Improved Rendering is causing my Gallery Items to disappears, swapping back to classic corrects.

Hi @rliles 

Can you share some details with your issue?

1. which controls does the gallery contain?

2. what is version of PowerApp studio?

That seems to be a memory issue that PowerApps Teams are fixing, a batch of memory improvement has landed with Studio version 3.19094. Please update your apps to take advantage of these, especially if your app is Gallery heavy.

The fix is expected to be deployed to all production regions the week of October 21.

If it is not already, please ensure the Use longer data cache timeout and background refresh setting is disabled in App settings -> Advanced settings.

The above workaround refer from @_Corey_ , For more information, please check out this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Improved-app-rendering-issues/m-p/290942/high...

Best regards,

Sik

rliles

Re: Improved Rendering is causing my Gallery Items to disappears, swapping back to classic corrects.

1)  The gallery has 6 labels, 1 checkbox, 1 html text, 3 icons, 2 text boxes, and 1 radio button.

2)  I am using the web interface, so I was assuming that was the latest and greatest.  

rliles

I wanted to add one thing...  I removed all the controls in the gallery except for 2 labels and I still saw the same behavior.  Items disappear and only 14 of the 25 items are being show.  In classic mode all items are shown and they do not disappear when scrolling.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,455)