cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlister
Advocate III
Advocate III

Improved app rendering issues

I received banner message asking me to try using the improved app rendering. When activating this feature the combo boxes don't align correctly and do not allow me to select an option using the web player. The other issue I am experiencing while using the improved app rendering feature is the options inside the  list box control are not displaying. Switching back to classic rendering fixes both issues.

Unable to select an employeeUnable to select an employee

100 REPLIES 100

@_Corey_ Thank you.
Yes I am experiencing an issue with selecting items in any combo box when using studio. I am not experiencing this issue in the iOS mobile app or in the web player. I have tested the issue in Google Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit), and in Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0.

@jlister I can repro this issue.  We are investigating.

Anonymous
Not applicable

getting same/similar issues - please dont turn off classic until everything is fixed! 😉

WilliamVingaard
Advocate I
Advocate I

I dont know if this i related. But suddenly in custom SharePoint forms all multi select fields jumps to the bottom, after the first item is selected. It is near impossible to fill in any subsequent items in the multi select field, as it keep jumping to the bottom and deselects the field. This happens with improved app rendering on and off.

1.png

2.png

@WilliamVingaard Can you verify the version of Studio your form was published with?

It was published with web Studio, PowerApps release 3.18101.20

I did not see this behavior in 3.18094.26

On further testing. It happens with all dropdowns in custom forms.

Testet on different PCs, browsers and tenants.

@WilliamVingaard I notice there is a horizontal scrollbar on your form.  If you scroll to the right, do you see a second scrollbar adjacent to the outer scrollbar?  If so, does the scroll position jump for both?  Or only the outer scroll bar?

I had another solution where the horizontal scroll bar is visible when the forms height is larger, than the browser windows. If i zoom out so the entire app screen fits in the browser window it dissapears. There is no inner vertical scroll bar on this solution.

In the test i showed in the previous screenshots, where i decreased the height of the form, so a second vertical scroll bar would appear, the inner scrollbar doesnt jump, it is only the outer one.

The jumping is present in both tenants.

@WilliamVingaard  We are investigating the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,566)