cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Improved app rendering issues

I'm having similar issues. 

I can not use "Improved App Rendering", because it will mess up form. It would take days to make it correct again. 

Also I can not edit Classic Rendering anymore, because Comboboxes are not selectable (list under combobox displays, but i can not select anything) anymore. It occurs with new and old apps. 

I created new app and: 

* in classic rendering, comboboxes are not selectable. 

* In improved rendering, comboboxes are selectable. 

When will we have fix? I can not edit existing apps or make new ones until those issues are resolved. 

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@_Corey_ As mentioned by @SilverK , we are both still experiencing the same issues. Unable to use the improved app rendering and not able to edit with classic rendering. As a workaround, I am having to test/edit while enabling the improved app rendering, ignoring all of its issues. Then, switching back to classic mode before releasing the app. I have been having to work this way for a few weeks with no update. Is there a timeframe as to when either improved app rendering or classic will be completely fixed? 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@_Corey_, we see this issue on our end too. It eliminates our abilitly to use mutli-select on our PowerApps.  Any update on the timing of the fix would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@WilliamVingaard We believed we've identified the scrolling issue you are experiencing.  We expect the fix to ship by the end of the week of November 8th.

@SilverK@jlister@PatrickOToole We have identified the issue preventing ComboBox selection in Studio when classic mode is enabled.  We are working to expedite a fix.  We will let you know when it is expected to be delivered.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks @_Corey_!

Highlighted

@_Corey_ Great news, thanks!

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@SilverK@jlister@PatrickOToole The fix for being unable to select ComboBox items in Studio in classic rendering mode is scheduled to be released worldwide next week with version 3.18111.

@WilliamVingaard Apologies, I got my previous release dates mixed up.  The scrolling fix should also be part of the 3.18111 release next week..

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hello @_Corey,

I'm now having the same issue as @systemcrash. "The combo show up correctly indeed (not at the bottom anymore) but I still CAN'T select any item in IDE and IDE preview."

I cannot select an item from a Combobox in the IDE Preview.

What is the fix? This app has been in production since May 2018. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@ericonline This is a Studio issue only when classic mode is enabled--apps will continue to work correctly in web & mobile players.  This fix for this issue is expected to be deployed this week.  I will notify everyone on this thread once world-wide deployment has completed.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Thanks for the prompt response. This just bit me today...

Scenario:

• I'm debugging a complex issue in a prod-only application (no "trial" app nor "trial" db, all-prod)
  • I'd like to hardcode a colleauge's email into the app to submit a test
  • Unfortunately, I can't submit a test in the IDE with this combobox issue
  • And I can't hardcode my colleagues email into the prod app (30-40 active daily users)

By no means am I blaming 🙂 , just giving an idea of impacts (both on my lack of a trial env! and the combobox issue)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,376)