cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReyOrtiz
Frequent Visitor

In Progress, Completed Functions

Hi Everyone

I'm trying to see if it is possible when pressing a button to go to the next page automatically reflects the case as pending on SP List, and it could stay like that until the done button on the next page is selected then can it change the case to complete. I don't know this is possible, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ReyOrtiz
Frequent Visitor

I was able to figure out the issue I ended using LastSubmit and it worked perfectly.

Patch('DataTTS',Form2.LastSubmit,{IssueStatus: "Completed"}) And Patch('DataTTS',Form2.LastSubmit,{IssueStatus: "Pending"})

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slerch
Frequent Visitor

Hi Rey,

Do you have a Status column in your list? If so, Use the Patch function on the Item to change the Status to "Pending" with the "Next Page" Button and "Complete" with the "Done" button.

-Spencer

ReyOrtiz
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the quick response, I try the Patch as you mentioned and I came up with this Patch('DataTTS',Defaults('DataTTS'),{IssueStatus:"Pending"}) but is not adding pending to SP list, Im new in PwA so I don't know if I did the formula correctly. 

slerch
Frequent Visitor

If the Record doesn't already exist on your List, you need to do a Collect to create the item before you can Patch it. You can set the IssueStatus to "Pending" when you create the Item like:

Collect('DataTTS,{IssueStatus:"Pending"})

To grab that record I would set that Item I just collected to a variable like:

Set(currentCase,Last(Collect('DataTTS,{IssueStatus:"Pending"})))

ReyOrtiz
Frequent Visitor

I apply your suggestion and it does add the pending and complete but it's not doing it on the same case, is creating a  blank case for each. so I get 3 lines one for the case, one for pending no date, and one complete no data (The other one is the Patch i was testing something)

ReyOrtiz
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm still having trouble getting the buttons to mark the case either Pending or complete, I'm creating a request type form so when it moves to the second page I want the next button to submit the form (which I already have) but to be on pending mode, so when it goes to the next page and the questionnaire is completed and they press done it changes from pending to complete. Can this be done?  thank you for the help

ReyOrtiz
Frequent Visitor

I was able to figure out the issue I ended using LastSubmit and it worked perfectly.

Patch('DataTTS',Form2.LastSubmit,{IssueStatus: "Completed"}) And Patch('DataTTS',Form2.LastSubmit,{IssueStatus: "Pending"})

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (23,582)