cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BradStarkey
Helper I
Helper I

In app flow trigger

I'm trying to trigger a flow on a button press, but forgot how to write the script. Can someone correct me here please, see the image attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BradStarkey ,

If your flow would need to get some kind of data from Power Apps then you would normally add a "triggerbody" inside flow.

As an example in this flow we are sending an email and getting email address from Power apps. Then your OnSelect property would look like:

'PowerApp->SendEmailV2'.Run("EmailAddress@gmail.com")

Gochix_0-1661095434294.png

Hope this makes sense.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please give a thumbs up if I resolved your issue! Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

If you hover your mouse over the error message, what does it say?

I'm thinking its either that the name of the flow has changed or that you need to add in the required parameters -

Your syntax is correct for a flow with no parameters, assuming the name is correct

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

does this help?

Yes thanks that's great, it looks like your flow needs to be passed in a Title field:

'flowName'.Run("Your Title Field used in Flow Goes Here")

or

'flowName'.Run(gblYourTitleField)

or

'flowName'.Run(DataCardValueX.Text)

depending on how you are going to reference that Title field needed by the flow

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Thank you for your response, do you mind expanding on where I would find those fields?

Hi @BradStarkey ,

If your flow would need to get some kind of data from Power Apps then you would normally add a "triggerbody" inside flow.

As an example in this flow we are sending an email and getting email address from Power apps. Then your OnSelect property would look like:

'PowerApp->SendEmailV2'.Run("EmailAddress@gmail.com")

Gochix_0-1661095434294.png

Hope this makes sense.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please give a thumbs up if I resolved your issue! Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,021)