Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goel_gagandeep
Resolver I
Resolver I

In excel some columns are showing integer value

Hello Everyone, 
I have added the functionality for the excel download through the automate flow but when I got the downloaded excel file, some columns showing the integer value irrespective of the actual data. Actually I am using a column i.e.  Bloodgroup with datatype Choice. In the app when I am storing the value in the collection it showing this data type is unsupported for evaluation powerapps but on frontend it showing absolutely fine.

goel_gagandeep_0-1662968914605.pnggoel_gagandeep_1-1662968937607.png

goel_gagandeep_2-1662968977785.png

goel_gagandeep_3-1662969098200.png

goel_gagandeep_4-1662969171813.png

5 REPLIES 5
SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@goel_gagandeep are you triggering a flow from your app to create the excel?

If so, within your flow you need to add an expression to convert the choice integer to a choice value by appending OData.Community.Display.V1.FormattedValue

This thread explains the concept 

Hi @SBax , this is my flow can you suggest me where should I can add that expression?

goel_gagandeep_1-1663054513685.png

and this is the pic  from where I am running my flow. I hope it will give you some understanding.

goel_gagandeep_2-1663054633382.png

SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@goel_gagandeep- I think I see the problem

you don't want bloodgroup to be ThisRecord.BloodGroup - this is the part returning the integer value. instead we need

give me some time to replicate and I will drop you over a revised formula later today

goel_gagandeep
Resolver I
Resolver I

Basically I want Blood group's actual value which I have added in the choice datatype in the column of the table i.e A+,B+ etc. you can see my tables picture above I have already post that too. Even on frontend it showing me actual value of the blood group but when I am exporting the excel flow it gives me numerical value which I don't really want.

Hello @SBax , I hope you have the solution for this , could you please help me for the above situation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,434)