cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stadi
Frequent Visitor

In order to Build Model Driven App, Do we need to have Ms Dynamics 365 ?

Hi All,

I am trying to create an App/Forms for which connects sales field agent, finance Dept, Cust support and operations in my organization. Which also needs to have multiple screens for each department to approve the sale and generate the invoice, Sale Booking and Deal closing forms (which means it needs to have approval conditions).

I tried doing in Canvas App but it was only in Mobile/Tab View. But my org needs it in web view, so I tried doing it in Model Driven APP, but our Org doesn't have Dynamics 365.

So in order to create Model driven APP do we need to have Dynamics 365 for sure.

When trying to create entities, I am getting an error message: You are missing the necessary privilege to create entities in this environment, does this because of Dynamics 365.?

Please do let me know your inputs.

Thanks,
Siva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pawanjajoo
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @stadi ,

From my understanding, you would need a PowerApps Plan 2 license in order to be able to create Model Driven Apps. Dynamics 365 is not mandatory for Model Driven Apps.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pawanjajoo
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @stadi ,

From my understanding, you would need a PowerApps Plan 2 license in order to be able to create Model Driven Apps. Dynamics 365 is not mandatory for Model Driven Apps.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks @pawanjajoo, I will check about that 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,447)