cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtx20190

In power apps canvas what is a component exactly?

I want to make multiple screens, and show a Home button in all of them (or an icon since its better than a button)

Is this one of component's purpose ?

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@mtx20190 

Yes!  My general rule is...if I have more than one control that performs an action or view in tandem on the screen and I need to duplicate that on another screen...turn it into a component!

Keep in mind - a component is separate from the app.  In other words, you cannot specify things like screen names or other control names in your component.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You could make a component that has an icon for a button, but you would still need to add that component to each screen.  So there would be very little benefit.  Components are normally more extensive combinations of objects and code that need to be replicated on multiple screens.  A menu system is a good example.  It would contain multiple buttons, one for each screen. You define it once and then can add it to each screen, which would add all the buttons in the component to that screen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,142)