cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include SharePoint list in a solution

I have a PowerApp which uses a SharePoint lists as a database. 

I would like to sell that app on AppSource and for that I need a solution package with my app.

My question is could I somehow include these SharePoint lists in a solution? 

For the app to work well the data source must have specific fields of specific type, that's why it's important. 

If it's not possible I guess I would have to use the CDS entities for that and tell customers that if they don't have Power Apps Plan they could use SharePoint lists instead (since CDS connection require Power Apps Plan and SharePoint not).

2 REPLIES 2
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi ,

You can use the Power Automate to create a list and filed with a specific name that your app required.

and ask to run flow before using the App.

you can find the ways on the Internet , Like how to create a list with filed using power Automate.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Super User
Super User

You can use PowerShell to save the definition of a list as an xml file and then create a new list based on the xml file.

To deploy, the customer would need to install PowerShell and the SPOnline extensions, then run your PowerShell script, providing the destination SharePoint site and enter the log-in credentials for an account with the necessary permissions in SharePoint to create your list.

I think your customer would also have to add the connection to the SharePoint list in your Power App.

So there would be work to be done by your customer, but with good instructions it should not be very complex and maybe take 10 minutes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,136)