cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kightamy
Helper I
Helper I

Incompatible Types error - Help

I have a form that pulls data from one SP source, I have a combobox that pulls data from another SP list. I want to filter the CB based on the user who submitted the form. Looking up the display name in the 2nd SP list & pulling in the correct column from that list.

VR site - 1st SP site with PowerApp

BU Permissions list - 2nd SP site with data for CB

The DataCardValue12 is not a fillable field, it populates based on user

The User Name field is entered in manually

Both are Person type fields in each SP site

I get the error: Incomparable types for comparison. These types can't be compared: Record, Text 

Untitled.png

This is the formula I have in the CB Items

Filter('BU Permissions list', 'User Name' = DataCardValue12.Selected.DisplayName)

11 REPLIES 11
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Here's how i set up a combo box for a record in a gallery based on a choice column in sharepoint. They are a little different, this might help you

In items of the combo box you have Choices() inside of that ParkingMasterGarages (My SPList) . Area (The Choice Column

Choices(ParkingMasterGarages.Area)

Then for default selected items I have

ThisItem.Area.Value

see if that gets you closer

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

That did help me get my issue resolved. Thank you

I changed my Items to Filter('BU Permissions list', 'User Name'.DisplayName = TextInput2.Text)

I had to change the lookup field to a textinput because I needed to populate that with the current user when the form is opened as new.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,257)