cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhruv100322
Frequent Visitor

Incompatible type error

Hi,

Everything on my app was working fine. I didn't have issues. Suddenly when I open the app in edit mode, I am getting bunch of errors where some are related to Incompatible type as shown below. I tried to remove all the database connection and added it again.  However, it didn't fix the problem. When I just change the variable name for example to "vadrCampaignID", it doesn't show an error. When I change it back to the original name then it shows an error. I feel like it is a bug in PowerApps and not sure why this is happening. Can someone please help me as I need to get the app back running?

Dhruv100322_0-1654134835346.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adrian_Celis
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dhruv100322 

This usually happens when you set another variable with the same name and then assigned that to another data type. So in your case, you may have set varCampaignID in another place in your app but assigned a number to it (but it should be text). Here's what you can do:

1) Go to Settings > Upcoming features> Toggle On the Search feature.

2) In the Search pane, search for varCampaignID in the searchbox and you will see all instances that you set vadrCampaignID. Review each one and make sure you assign a Text type to each one of them. Once it is all the same type, the error should go away.

Adrian_Celis_0-1654137995178.png

Adrian_Celis_1-1654138004272.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Adrian_Celis
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dhruv100322 

This usually happens when you set another variable with the same name and then assigned that to another data type. So in your case, you may have set varCampaignID in another place in your app but assigned a number to it (but it should be text). Here's what you can do:

1) Go to Settings > Upcoming features> Toggle On the Search feature.

2) In the Search pane, search for varCampaignID in the searchbox and you will see all instances that you set vadrCampaignID. Review each one and make sure you assign a Text type to each one of them. Once it is all the same type, the error should go away.

Adrian_Celis_0-1654137995178.png

Adrian_Celis_1-1654138004272.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,276)