cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llambrechts

Incompatible type. the context variable types are with the types of values in other place in your app

Hello,

We have a PowerApps canvas app that was working well. We integrated it to a azure dev git environment this week and since then we sometimes get this error in the app on all the places where we use the same kind of Context variable (it contains data coming from SQL Connector that we pass in context variables between the different screens of our app). No changes have been made to the places where these variables are changed since the last time all worked well and now. 

The problem seems to solve itself for a short period of time when we clear browser cache but come again just after re-editing the app (even tho the app in play mode doesn't gives any error).

Does anyone have an idea on the reason this issue happen? Here is the error message:

llambrechts_0-1643386295096.png

(We already checked the entirety of the code and there is no bad type assignation to the variables, again these didn't change since before the issue started happening).

Kind regards,

Laurent Lambrechts.

2 REPLIES 2
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Check tehe app hcecker and see if you have any warning / error

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

Hello,

The app checker gives more than 400 errors all related to these context variables (when we try to compare values between one of the variable and one from a field for example but it's related to the fact that there is an error for these context variables) 

llambrechts_0-1643387742272.png

Again there is no changes between the times it runs well and the time it gives the error when we try to edit the app. And these errors on app checker are not there when we save the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,881)