cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Inconsistency when Filtering a View by Related Entity in Model-Driven App

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with the way results are displayed on a view when filtering using a related entity on a model-driven app. 

I have two custom entities with a N:N relationship:

Case

Program Event Session

I have created a view under the Case entity which filters according to various attributes on the Program Event Session entity. There are about 600 records returning which correspond to the number of Program Event Session records. The view only returns each Case record once and does not show each individual Program Event Session related to the Case (which it does when on the view editor). 

This is not a problem for me as I don't need to see all the individual Program Event Sessions. However, I want to be able to view how many Case records are returning and the view is only showing 4 or 5 Cases per page. When I change my personalisation settings to show more than 50 records per page, the number of Cases per page does increase but there is inconsistency on each page as to how many Case records are showing (47, 50, and 26 across 3 pages on one example). I'm not really sure why this would be - this isn't such a big problem but it does make the UX less than appealing.

So far my solution is to export to Excel and remove duplicates but wondering if there's a better way.

Hope this makes sense - happy to provide more information. Sorry if some of my terminology is not quite correct - I do not have a coding/IT background and may have misused terminology.

Thank you Power Apps Community 😀

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

@jlindstrom any ideas? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,577)