Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsanya
Helper II
Helper II

Incorrect display in gallery using GroupBy

Hi,

I am trying to display the output GroupBy formula and it doesn't display as expected.

My gallery Items property has "GroupBy(SortByColumns(Filter('[dbo].[vw_RosterDetails]', StartDate<=rosterDatePicker.SelectedDate && EndDate>=rosterDatePicker.SelectedDate),"StartTime",Ascending), "Name","StartTime","EndTime","Processes")"

Processes Column contains a  table which has 1 or more processes attached to each name. e.g.
Name - ABC
Processes table - CSS
Name - DEF
Processes table - CSS  in 1 row and FLR in the 2nd row.

And it displays all the processNames from 'Processes' grouped together.

I am displaying the processName using "Concat(ThisItem.Processes,ProcessName, " , ")".

Current Output:

CSS ,  CSS,  FLR

Expected Output:
ABC
StartTime - EndTime   CSS
DEF

StartTime - EndTime   CSS , FLR

Attached are the screenshots.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @rsanya ,

Firstly, I would replace the Name column with another title as Name is a Reserved Word in Power Apps and can cause formula ambiguity. Secondly, try this for a start.

SortByColumns(
   GroupBy(
      Filter(
         '[dbo].[vw_RosterDetails]',
         StartDate<=rosterDatePicker.SelectedDate && 
         EndDate>=rosterDatePicker.SelectedDate
      ),
      "Name",
      "StartTime",
      "EndTime",
      "Processes"
   ),
   "StartTime",
   Ascending
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks @WarrenBelz.

I replaced the property as mentioned and it still displays all the processes together. I think there is some issue with this formula "Concat(ThisItem.Processes, ProcessName, " , ")".

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsanya ,

That's weird as your code work perfectly on my side. 

Could you try to save the GourpBy output into a Collection, and then Go to File-Collection to see if the nested Processes table is as you expected? Also Please share Collection Snapshots with us!

Another confusion! What is the Items property formula of the gallery? The GroupBy output shows two record, but there is only one record shown in the gallery. I believe this is where the issue is. Please elaborate it.

Sik

Ok @rsanya ,

I need to delve another level on this as I initially only mentioned a couple of things I could see may need fixing.

I saw the Concat() reference, but as the field name was not mentioned in your formula, did not see the relevance. So going back the the core of your formula (forget about the filter and sort for the moment)

GroupBy(
   '[dbo].[vw_RosterDetails]',
   "Name",
   "StartTime",
   "EndTime",
   "Processes"
)

you will get a result with four column - single data all relevant combinations of Name, StartTime and EndTime and a table with the rest of the field in the list and all the records belonging to each group. As these can be multiple, how were you intending to display your field?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hey @WarrenBelz 

After GroupBy I get 4 Columns with distinct names and the Processes Column contains the table with processNames corresponding to each name.
ProcessNames may be single or multiple row.

Currently what i need to do is concat all processNames corresponding to the each Name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,239)