cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balachandra
Regular Visitor

Incorrect time is getting displayed in PowerApp

Hello, I am loading data from Sharepoint and displaying powerApp.

In sharepoint data source we have Event Start and EWnd Time values (mm/dd/yyyy HH:mm).

The time i sgetting wrongly displayed in powerapp.

Lets say, My EventStartTime values in share point is 01/12/2017 09:00 AM. In powerApp it is getting displayed as 01/12/2017 12:00 AM.

NOt sure how to fix this? Any input? Is there any way I can conver the time to Local Time zone?

Here is link to image where powerApp collecting is having different time for the same date from share point https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuLElRm7ChiimDMl1RYGN0GSSXt-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
8 REPLIES 8
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @balachandra,

This should be related with the date time zone.

By default PowerApps would change the date time into UTC time zone. Currently this is not available for PowerApps to auto-detect the local time zones for the date time value. The Product team is aware of this and are working on a solution for this scenario.

For a workaround, you may consider to use the text function to convert the time zones.

For the details, please check the thread below:

Date displayed is one day off

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Okay. Thanks for your reply.

Actually I am doing the same as you suggested. I am using Text funtion.

I bind dataSource directly to TextControl. Datasource field is already of type DateTime.

I did like below. But it is not working.

Text = Text(EventStartTime,"[$-en-us]HH:mm")

Okay. Thanks for your reply.

Actually I am doing the same as you suggested. I am using Text funtion.

I bind dataSource directly to TextControl. Datasource field is already of type DateTime.

I did like below. But it is not working.

Text = Text(EventStartTime,"[$-en-us]HH:mm")

@v-micsh-msft

The link in your post in inaccessible. I am facing the same issue, the date stored in the DB is not showing up as is, PowerApps is converting it and so the date and time are off. Can you please repost the URL? Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This link isn't working either, i'm in the middle of trying to understand this as well as i'm currently trying to resolve this issue.

this still hasnt been fixed. i have a date in SQL "2020-08-13 16:39:19.347" which shows up as "13/08/2020 17:37". fix it guys

akhtarmiah
Frequent Visitor

If you are still have issues with datetime inconsistency between SQL Table and the PowerApps Value please convert the table column from datetime to datetimeoffset(7).

hope this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (54,898)