cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PipManifold
Resolver I
Resolver I

Increase delegation over 2000 items for SharePoint document libraries?

Hi there,

I’m wondering if there is a way/tutorial out there to exceed the 2000 item delegation limit in PowerApps when it comes to document libraries?

I use flows to sort a lot of data, however, when I show them to my colleagues, they are pretty dubious about using them so I want to make a front interface to simplify the process for them.

The flows sort Data reports into subfolders within 150 program folders. So my idea was I would build an app where they could select the file location of the files to sort and the appropriate subfolder within the program folders to put it in (these would be PowerApp dynamic content identities in my flow rather than manually entered as they are at the moment)

I’ve seen you can use galleries to get a navigation path to a folder, however, there is a 2000 item delegation limit.  My issue is I have 150 programs which I have to sort 10 different yearly data reports into  going back 5 years. 150x10x5=7500. Even if I created a separate document library for only these data reports, I’m very much exceeding this limit.

I know there are work arounds for lists, but haven’t been able to find anything for document libraries. Is there something out there?  Also, I only need to display the folders, not the items, so is there away to limit this and therefore fall beneath the 2000 threshold?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @PipManifold ,

Put whatever criteria you want to filter on in a Text field in the Library metadata (I do it with folder names). The query is then delegable in any size Library (I have a number over 50,000).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @PipManifold ,

Put whatever criteria you want to filter on in a Text field in the Library metadata (I do it with folder names). The query is then delegable in any size Library (I have a number over 50,000).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @PipManifold ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

PipManifold
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Sorry, I had to pivot for a couple of days and jump onto another project. But I'm now back to this one.

This sounds like what I need however, I'm pretty new to galleries and am confused by what you mean by Put whatever criteria you want to filter on in a Text field in the Library metadata. Could you please expand further on this. Even provide a couple of screen shots? Thanks so much in advance.

Hi @PipManifold ,

I simply mean add fields to your Library and populate them with the criteria you want to search with (I have some large ones 50k plus with the folder names (one field for each level) and various categories, so it is easy to filter the records you want to display (Text filters are Delegable with equals),

PipManifold
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @WarrenBelz,

Cool, just to clarify, your suggesting I add a metadata column in my document library for "Folder" or "Document" and then I can filter on this?

Hi @PipManifold ,

Yes and if it is a Single Line of Text, it is Delegable for equals and StartsWith

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,695)