cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiefness
Level: Powered On

Increment value before submitting form then saving changes

On the edit screen I have a couple number fields and a button that increments them by one 

The OnSelect funtion of these is as followes:

Patch(Mending_List, ThisItem, {'Fronts Selvedge':ThisItem.'Fronts Selvedge'+1})

Which all works correctly, the problem is when I fill in the fields examiner and knitter, Which are text fields it resets them, so my question is how can I use the button from above as a preview that wont submit the form and new values until the user has finished filling in the remaining fields?

in the below example the picture on the left is before clicking the plus and the one on the right is after

2019-12-19 11_13_34-.png

2 REPLIES 2
SKH19
Level 10

Re: Increment value before submitting form then saving changes

Hi @Kiefness 

You could Patch the text fields at the same time as your number is incremented with the text on display. So change your Patch function on the button to:

Patch(Mending_List, ThisItem, {'Fronts Selvedge':ThisItem.'Fronts Selvedge'+1, Examiner:DataCardValue1.Text, Knitter:DataCardValue2.Text})

Assuming Knitter and Examiner are the column names in your data source and DataCardValue 1 and 2 are the names of your text boxes.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Kiefness
Level: Powered On

Re: Increment value before submitting form then saving changes

That would work. however it seems like a dirty fix, is there no other way around it? like maybe having a preview field next to each number field that increments by one but doesn't update the sharepoint list, then when the submit button is clicked at the end the values get patched to their relevent fields?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,310)