cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Infinite Scroll Canvas DataCard Y Property Behavior

Using the infinite scroll canvas data cards, the Y property is the order of the cards. This is super helpful, but when I address that property with either 'Self.Y' or 'Parent.Y' from a component within the card, the return value is not the order position, it's the pixel value of the top position of the card. Is there any way to get that order position instead of the pixel/screen location?

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ajh :

Could you tell me:

• What is the "order" you mentioned?Is it a control?

Besides, please let me explain the difference between "Self.Y" and "Parent.Y":

Self.Y can get the Y axis value of the control itself.For example:

35.gif

Parent.Y can get the Y axis value of the control's parent control.For example:

36.gif

If my response is not what you want, could you describe your app in detail and provide some screenshots?

Best Regards,

Bof

That's not quite what I'm looking at. If you go to new screen - scrollable canvas you get a new scrollable canvas and you add sections to the bottom of it. Each section is in an 'order' from the top most section. So in this screen shot you can see that the default section is the height of the full page almost, while section 1 and section 2 are 100 pixels tall. When you go to Section 2 (which is DataCard3 in the tree view) you can see the properties show the x,y, positions and the height and width.  Hopefully this gif loads and you can see me navigate to show where the Y is shown in advanced properties as 2 instead of the actual 'physical' Y position of 1048 as shown in the basic properties screen for that datacard.recording2.gif

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,653)