cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Info from sharepoint list in text input

Hi!

I am struggling with an App where I get info from a sharepoint list. I first have two dropdown lists which works fine. Then the two next controlls really doesn't need to be drop downs, but rather text boxes that get information the same way from the sharepoint list as the drop downboxes. But what type of controll/text box can be used? And is it possible to wrap the text in the drop down box? It also seems like only the first 1,5 line of the text is shown in the drop down box (example below Artikkelnr). 

I use the formula: Sort(Distinct(Filter('Leveringsevne langsiktig', Produkt=Dropdown_Produkt.Selected.Value), Artikkel), Result) for the "Artikkelnr" Drop down box.

CaptureApp.PNGCaptureSP.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Info from sharepoint list in text input

Hi TineBob, How about using a combo box or a list box instead of a drop down list? Both have a multi select option. The combo box will at some only show the number of selected items though. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-list-box

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Do you use these controls inside of a form control connected to the list? It is hard to determine that based on your screenshot.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi and thx for replying! Not sure if I understand the question since I'm not that familiar with PowerApps yet, but I have used the control from the controls panel.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @TineBob,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to use a Dropdown control to display the Artikkelnr Column value?

Further, do you want the whole Text value within the Artikkelnr Column could be displayed within the Dropdown control?

I have made a test on my side, if you want the whole Text value within the Artikkelnr Column could be displayed within the Dropdown control, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

The user @robertwinn has faced similar issue with you, please check the alternative solution @RusselThomas provided within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-Dropdown-Options-amp-Labels-Are-Cut...

In addition, you could also consider take a try to use the Rich Text Editor control to display the Artikkelnr Column value instead of Dropdown control. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:7.JPG

Note: Please remove the Original Text Input box from the Artikkelnr Data card firstly, then add a Rich Text Editor control within it.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thx!

I actually don't want to use a drop down for the Artikkelnr, but I don't know what to use instead..

If you look at the snap from the sharepoint list (also attached as excel) the first drop down in the App make you choose the market area. The second drop down is filtered based on the market are input.

As an example: If you choose Area 1 in the drop down, you can select between different products. But if you select Prod 20,21,22... you see that in column C there is only one line  (Item# 20,21,22,...), and in columns D-G the same.

In drop down "Markedsområde" I use the following formula: Distinct('Leveringsevne langsiktig',Markedsområde), and in drop down "Produkt"  I use this formula: Sort(Distinct(Filter('Leveringsevne langsiktig', Markedsområde= Dropdown_Markedsområde.Selected.Value),Produkt), Result)

In addition I use DisplayMode(fx)=If(Dropdown_Markedsområde.Selected.Value = "", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit) to force the user to choose "Markedsområde" first.

Now I have used drop down (as a work around) for "Artikkelnr", "Beskrivelse", "Fra", and "Til", and just set DisplyMode (fx)=If(Dropdown_Markedsområde.Selected.Value = "", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.View) to hide the drop down menu. But then I get the issue with wrapping of text.  It's not an elegant solution if better options exists.

Can I use the Rich text editor to show the information from the associated cell from column C-G?

I tried but didn't find the formula to use.

Capture_SP2.PNG

Highlighted

Hi TineBob, How about using a combo box or a list box instead of a drop down list? Both have a multi select option. The combo box will at some only show the number of selected items though. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-list-box

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thx! Using list box worked perfect!Smiley Very Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,223)