cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elaaadani
Helper IV
Helper IV

Inheritance in sharepoint form

Hello to all ! I would like to ask a question.
I am working with lists in sharepoint. I am using the default form, but I would like to know if by making the form by power apps I could inherit the information that is there and have it displayed in the form.
Let me explain, This information is already loaded "Titulo,Pais, Centro, Clase de Pedido"

Pregunta 1.png
I would like to have this same information, but in an element that is created inside this folder by means of the form, as an inheritance from a higher level.
Pregunta 2.png

Is it possible to do this? If so, could you point me to a tutorial or a way to do it?
I would really appreciate it very much.

7 REPLIES 7
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@elaaadani 

You can consider PowerApps as a front end for your data in SharePoint. A Form in PowerApps will automatically have access to the data. It can not only create a form but it can create a complete app for viewing and entering data that can be used on handheld devices as well as tablets and desktop computers.

Thank you for your response.
So, from the customizable form that connects to power apps from sharepoint, is it possible to do what I asked? Or if or if I have to create an app that acts as a front end?
Is there any tutorial about this?
Thanks !! @Drrickryp 

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

You can either create a stand alone form or an app from your SharePoint list. You just select from the dropdown on the SharePoint page and Voila! In one minute PowerApps does it. 

@Drrickryp thank you. I understand, but what I do not fully understand, how to display the information that is already loaded previously and that this is inherited to the form?
I have this in power apps, which is the customisable form. How can I do so that the information that we have shown in the previous messages, can arrive here?

elaaadani_0-1612968716405.png

@

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

If you do the form all you get is an entry form and you have to view the data in share point. If you do the app you will be able to view all your data as well as have the forms to enter the data. 

I think you are missing my point. Thanks anyway

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Probably.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,421)