cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luizplanted
Frequent Visitor

Injecting address field data into SharePoint List with connected form.

Hello

I am working on an app that acts as a CMS for a map with many locations marked on it. All the necessary data is saved in a SharePoint List. To make it easy for users to add a new locations I want to implement the address field so that users won't have to find out the longitude and latitude somewhere else. Since my SharePoint List is connected to the form for editing/adding entries I am struggling to find a way to inject the data provided by the address field. Do I need to somehow get the data from the address field into the corresponding form fields or is there a more direct way? 

Thx for the help 🙂

14 REPLIES 14
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

I can't help you with getting the information automatically, but I can help you with getting that information into SharePoint.

Do you already have columns in your list for the information?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
luizplanted
Frequent Visitor

Yes I do

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

When you submit the form it 'should' add that information to the list.   I am not sure why it's not, unless you added those columns after you created the app.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
luizplanted
Frequent Visitor

I have managed to make it work via the Patch() function. I have an address field, that gets the long, lat and other data from a given address. Then I just added a button that writes these values into the SharePoint-List. The only catch is that the entry needs to exist before hand. So you can't create a new entry and use the address lookup at the same time. Works fine if you first create the entry without the geo data and add it after.

View solution in original post

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

If you are able for the people using your app to have the Power Apps premium license, you can get the per app license for $120 per user per year ($10 per month), Microsoft has introduced some Premium map features that will do what you really wanted to do and get the lat and long for you.

This might give you some ideas on how to use it.

https://youtu.be/pqr28YCxvNs

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,709)