cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luizplanted
Frequent Visitor

Injecting address field data into SharePoint List with connected form.

Hello

I am working on an app that acts as a CMS for a map with many locations marked on it. All the necessary data is saved in a SharePoint List. To make it easy for users to add a new locations I want to implement the address field so that users won't have to find out the longitude and latitude somewhere else. Since my SharePoint List is connected to the form for editing/adding entries I am struggling to find a way to inject the data provided by the address field. Do I need to somehow get the data from the address field into the corresponding form fields or is there a more direct way? 

Thx for the help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
luizplanted
Frequent Visitor

I have managed to make it work via the Patch() function. I have an address field, that gets the long, lat and other data from a given address. Then I just added a button that writes these values into the SharePoint-List. The only catch is that the entry needs to exist before hand. So you can't create a new entry and use the address lookup at the same time. Works fine if you first create the entry without the geo data and add it after.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

So if I understand you correctly you want to take the long, lat and other information and save it to the Sharepoint list for a specific address so it will be there for future use?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Yes exactly, I'm struggling because the data source is connected to form fields that were generated and I have not found a way to write the output of the address field to those form fields without losing the connection to the data source. Any ideas?

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

It might help if you can share your formulas and how your data source is connected.   Without knowing that, I would struggle to give you any sort of advice.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Is there a way to do so without actually sharing the data? Its sensitive data so I can't share that. Btw thanks for your efforts! Much appreciated.

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Are the formulas sensitive?   You could copy them and replace any sensitive names with generic, just so I can get an idea of what it looks like.  

Also can you explain what you mean by connecting the data source to 'generated' fields?

Does this help?Screenshot 2021-02-05 152021.jpg

The fields were generated by "start from data" and the SharePoint List...

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Does the app automatically find the Lat, long information when the address is added in the App or are the users entering it manually?

Right now they manually enter it but I would like the app to automatically find it for them. The address custom card is supposed to do that. I'm abel to write to lat. long. values into a label but not into the SharePoint List.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,631)