cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tedqn77
Helper I
Helper I

Input Mask Custom Control (retired)

Generally what will Microsoft do with features that they classify as "legacy"? Should I bother using them and at some point the feature is gone? Or do they keep them for you once you have used it in your app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerPuffKK
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @tedqn77 ,

Legacy/retired items are kept in a temporary holding place to allow users to transition and update their apps. There isn't a specific timeframe but Microsoft do usually advise that you update your app within 12 months of a feature being deprecated to ensure it doesn't affect your app.

Once it's fully retired, you will no longer be able to use it and your application will crash.

I hope this helps! If it does, please mark it as a solution to help future forum visitors.

Kristine 😊

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PowerPuffKK
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @tedqn77 ,

Legacy/retired items are kept in a temporary holding place to allow users to transition and update their apps. There isn't a specific timeframe but Microsoft do usually advise that you update your app within 12 months of a feature being deprecated to ensure it doesn't affect your app.

Once it's fully retired, you will no longer be able to use it and your application will crash.

I hope this helps! If it does, please mark it as a solution to help future forum visitors.

Kristine 😊

It's just weird they would discontinue such a useful feature without even offering an alternate solution.

yichingjb
Regular Visitor

@PowerPuffKK Do we know if MSFT have alternate solution? This is extremely helpful for phone number and SSN field but now we have to do it with custom code. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,042)