cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lebunim
Frequent Visitor

Input Text Box force format to..... Football game score....

Hi all, 

I'm building a EURO 2020 (2021) prediction contest app, where I want each user to provide exact score for each game. There are 36 games. I can limit input text box to 3 characters..... 

X:X example 1:0, but I want users to be forced to use this format avoiding situation where some people will provide score like 1-0 or even 1 0. 

Any chance to force format of each input text box to NUMBER ":" NUMBER ? 

Please help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can on the fill property use either:

If(IsMatch(TextInput2_1.Text, MultipleDigits & ":" & MultipleDigits ),White,Red)
or
If(IsMatch(TextInput2_1.Text, Digit & ":" & Digit ),White,Red)

You can also modify it for notification 
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Use a Slider control. It will output a number and the user can't screw it up like a textbox.

You can on the fill property use either:

If(IsMatch(TextInput2_1.Text, MultipleDigits & ":" & MultipleDigits ),White,Red)
or
If(IsMatch(TextInput2_1.Text, Digit & ":" & Digit ),White,Red)

You can also modify it for notification 
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
Lebunim
Frequent Visitor

Solution provided by eka24 was pretty decent. I initially used it but then figured that there is still nothing stopping the user to input invalid data type. I ended up splitting the result into two input text boxes. A lot of manual work but I guess provided a solid solution and preventing user to input multiple values or even letters. each input text box is set to Max Length of 1 and Numeric value. Thank You for help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,089)