cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madumi
Level: Powered On

Insert Form --> Date, how do I remove time from form

I have an CDS entity which contains a field "Received Date." The data type is "Date Only." When I insert a form, this field appears as Date + Hour + Minute (three drop downs).

How do I change the card type so that it only displays Date (without the hour and minute drop downs)?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Insert Form --> Date, how do I remove time from form

You can simply set the Visibile property of the time cards to No and increase the width of the date data card.

Let me know if this helps.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

You can simply set the Visibile property of the time cards to No and increase the width of the date data card.

Let me know if this helps.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@Madumi 

I think you could just delete the hour and minutes controls manually.  Then you would also need to clear out any references in the Update property of the card and any other fields showing an error.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Madumi
Level: Powered On

Thx so much for replies. I ended up setting the visible property to false. That way I didn't have to unlock the card, which seemed a simpler solution.

Super User
Super User

Glad I could help! Good luck with the rest of your app! Feel free to reach out in case of any questions!

Thanks,
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,123)