cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonykiefer
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Insert a hyperlink into html table for each filtered sql item

I have a gallery that pulls data from sql server and displays child records into a HTML Text table.

tonykiefer_0-1631105639778.png

The HTML Text used to generate the table is...

"<Table><tr></tr>" & Concat(
Filter(
BOMDetails,
ThisItem.BOMID = BOMID
),
"<tr><td style='width:160px;'>" & BOMAction &"</td><td style='width:100px'> " & BOMID & "</td><td style='width:450px'> " & Component & " </td><td style='width:100px'> " & BOM_QTY & "</td><td style='width:150px'> " & BOM_QTY_Series & "</td></tr>"
) & "</table>"

My goal is to insert a "delete" hyperlink next to each record.  The delete hyperlink should reside in the Add Action column.

I need to add a custom column named "Action" in the html text table and insert the link for each record to look like this...

tonykiefer_3-1631106197113.png

I've tried many different thing but it seems impossible to 1. add a custom column name "Action" because that column doesn't exist in the db.  Since I can't add the column and can't insert the hyperlink either.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tonykiefer
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@timl ...

After giving some thought I'm going to try a gallery with a different approach.  I added another ID to the display to illustrate the parent child relationship.

The add action link will take me to the next page.  With some minor changes I'll then display ONLY the child records via Gallery and supply the needed actions on that page.  I'll provide a working solution when it's complete.

tonykiefer_0-1631109710071.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

You will need AddColumn function to add custom column in your html table. 

tonykiefer
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

This is the best attempt I have...

tonykiefer_2-1631107236799.png

"Delete" should be a link that directs the end user to the next form

Navigate(AddBOMAction, Fade)

I'm not trying to add a column to a data table.  The added column is in the HTML Text table.  At this point I need help with converting "Delete" into a link that takes the user to the next form...Navigate(AddBOMAction, Fade)

timl
Super User
Super User

@tonykiefer 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to create a HTML hyperlink that calls the Power Apps function Navigate to navigate the user to a different screen.

I think the best thing to do here is to try to accomplish this with a gallery control, rather than an HTML control.

tonykiefer
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi @timl.

I tried this but I had a real difficult time trying to get a gallery to display parent child sql records.

tonykiefer
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@timl ...

After giving some thought I'm going to try a gallery with a different approach.  I added another ID to the display to illustrate the parent child relationship.

The add action link will take me to the next page.  With some minor changes I'll then display ONLY the child records via Gallery and supply the needed actions on that page.  I'll provide a working solution when it's complete.

tonykiefer_0-1631109710071.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,401)