cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlivio
Regular Visitor

Insert document with Metadata

Hi All,

I have a Document Library in SharePoint, and I want to insert with a flow a document and an ID as "Ask to PowerApps". I can see many samples but only to upload documents.

I was thinking upload the document and "Update Item" in the next step, but for concurrent users I don't know if it fits, so, anyone have a better approach in order to accomplish this scenario?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Eelman
Super User
Super User

@jlivio 

This @RezaDorrani  video shows you how to upload and tag files to a SP library. This may help you out?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5XsWgVnR7SU

srose
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have this issue as well. I have successfully uploaded all types of documents into a document library via PowerApps and a Flow. And I have successfully updated column/fields in a list via PowerApps. But I have not been able to combine the two.

jlivio
Regular Visitor

Hi, this can be a good option, I'll give a try.

Thanks

jlivio
Regular Visitor

Do the trick, thanks 

Your suggestion and Rezza's video helped tremendously.  I can update dates, strings and dropdowns. But I have not been successful with numbers. One of my columns is a number field, what Input control in PowerApps do you select for a number -- I have tried regular text input, but that seems to go thru Flow only as an integer. Any ideas?

srose
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have been successful using that video and have uploaded files into a doc library along with dates, dropdowns. Still not successful with a number field/column. Have you had any luck?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,972)