Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebraga
Helper III
Helper III

Insert from Gallery to SQL as new item

Hello All,

My users have a browsescreen with a gallery of items that they have already saved to my SQL database via a different screen.

From the browsescreen, the user selects an item (MO#) and then a second screen opens with a form to enter more information. (i.e. the last 6 columns in the row)

How can I make it so a user can select the same MO# multiple times from the gallery, but when the form opens they enter new information for the last 6 columns and on save this inserts a new line into SQL.

Basically, I want multiple MO's to have multiple different saves of data. When selecting from the browsescreen, the gallery item has data that needs to be saved with the new information on the second screen as a new line item. How can I do this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@ebraga 

If you want to have multiple MO's for each item, you are describing a one to many relationship.  In that case, you should have another table for MO's and a link to the ID of the parent table in it

@Drrickryp  So they should pull from the gallery (parent table), but save to another table, with the link of the ID? What would the Save function for that look like?

@ebraga 

There are many ways of showing a one to many relationship.  Take a look at my blog post here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Community-Blog/Relational-Database-Principles-and-Pow...  and the one following it for how to implement the relationship.  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Community-Blog/Relational-Database-Design-fundamental... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,103)