cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlyvil
Frequent Visitor

Insert into SP list from ComboBox(multiselect) and Dropdown without repetitions

Hi friends. I'm starting and motivated with powerapps few days ago Smiley Very Happy but now I'm stuck:

I have a Dropdown(Items):

Distinct(Sort(colListaProcedimientos;nListaProcedimineto);nListaProcedimineto)

And a ComboBox(Items) with multiple select:

Puestos.Puesto

I got that values from another lists and I want to insert in another List('Procedimientos') but I don't want duplicated records. 

So for example:

List('Procedimientos'):

colA    _|_ colB

hello         world

hello         daddy

Insert: hello(from dropDown), world,Jenny(from comboBox)

Would be fail for world but for Jenny would be pass:

colA    _|_ colB

hello         world

hello         daddy

hello         Jenny

I'm trying this but don't works:

Set(item;First(Filter(Procedimientos;Procedimiento in comboBoxPuestos.SelectedItems.Puesto;nombrePuesto in Dropdown1.Selected.Result)));;
Patch(Procedimientos;item;{Procedimiento: Dropdown1.Selected.Result; nombrePuesto: comboBoxPuestos.Selected.Puesto})

Smiley Sad

Any ideas are welcome.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Charlyvil 

You can use "in" operator for that in your expression, so the formula will go like:

Filter(DataSourceName, "Value1" in ColumnName.FieldName)

Here, ColumnName is the name of column in SP list which hold multiple values and FieldName is the name of column for that lookup. Value1 is the value that you want to search. If you need more help with the specifics, please share the details about the schema of the list and we might be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks a lot. It works perfectly.

Cat Very Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,706)