cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Insert new entry into SharePoint list

Hi,

Long story short is: I'm trying to insert new data into the SharePoint list where I obtain data from. I'm using custom forms so the functionality for the default insert no longer works. My editing still works.

Can someone please advise me on a way to do this in lets say an on button press?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

@dmarin @rgruian @murali can you guys  please tell me how do you reference the collect to a button. I have a data source which has blank rows currently. I have drop downs from other data sources and once a slection is made the Onselect on the button would Collect the values which match my blank data source. I'm not able to write a collect statement directly. 

Here's and example. This is the Onselect command on the Button

DataCollection is the blank datasource

Project Number is the column in that data source

The DropDown has values from another datasource which keeps updating externally.

Collect(DataCollection.ProjectNumber,'ProjectNumber Drop Down'.Selected.Value)

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,910)