cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Insert text data from an existing column in a specific row in a SharePoint list using powerapps

Hello Guys,

I am new to Powerapps.

Can you help me create my powerapps that will Insert text data from an existing column in a specific row in a SharePoint list using powerapps.

I want a list to get the Time in and Time out of a visitor. Eg. Columns
Name TimeIn TimeOut Destination

How can I update the above on its TimeOut value using powerapps?

Thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Insert text data from an existing column in a specific row in a SharePoint list using powerapps

Hey @ebnavarro 

Can you share a more logical descriptive example of the scenario that you are trying to build? You can use Patch() function to update data into the datasource. 

Patch(DataSourceName, LookUp(DataSourceName, Name = "Name to Check"),{TimeOut: Now()}

This saves the current timestamp, you can modify this based on certain considerations.

Hope this Helps

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Insert text data from an existing column in a specific row in a SharePoint list using powerapps

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I got this columns

Name | Destination | Time-In | Time out

The columns Name, Destination, and Time-in has value in the same row but Time-out is empty.  I want to update the Value of Time Out. This will be of course similar to all succedding entries in a list.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,447)