cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThePhil
Frequent Visitor

Inserting a row into an SQL Table from Powerapps with the sql datatype sysname as column

Hello,

I want to submit a form / or patch an existing row which contains a sql datatype sysname.

I have this sysname in there because i'm doing Row Level Security on SQL side and i want the user to select, which users are allowed to see the new created row entry in Powerapps.

So when i try to insert a row from Powerapps to SQL with the datatype sysname, i get an error from the sql server, because Powerapps is sending it as text and the SQL Server expects a sysname.

Is there a way to cast text datatype to sysname in Powerapps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ThePhil ,

From the SQL Server Connector document, we can know that Only the following data types can be mapped into PowerApps, so the sysname date type is not supported. If you want this feature, please consider submitting a idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum.

SQL Server Power Apps
bigint, decimal, int, money, numeric, smallint, smallmoney, tinyint, float, real Number
char, nchar, varchar, nvarchar, text, ntext Text
bit Boolean
date, datetime/datetime2/smalldatetime, datetimeoffset, time DateTime
uniqueidentifier Guid

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ThePhil ,

From the SQL Server Connector document, we can know that Only the following data types can be mapped into PowerApps, so the sysname date type is not supported. If you want this feature, please consider submitting a idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum.

SQL Server Power Apps
bigint, decimal, int, money, numeric, smallint, smallmoney, tinyint, float, real Number
char, nchar, varchar, nvarchar, text, ntext Text
bit Boolean
date, datetime/datetime2/smalldatetime, datetimeoffset, time DateTime
uniqueidentifier Guid

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,395)