Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckserra33
Helper V
Helper V

Inspection app where inspected items are removed

Hi everyone.

I have built an inspection app that is working correctly so far.  I have a gallery that shows all items that need inspecting and am trying to build in a feature where the item will no longer show if its been inspected.  The formula below works, but I get a delegation issue and it is limiting the items shown for one of my users.  

f(Value(varUser.Department) = 6250,Filter(SortByColumns('EAM-PMT Game List',"GameName",Ascending,"Modifier",Ascending),StoreNum=116,Not(GameID in
EAMPMTCapture.GameID)),Filter(SortByColumns('EAM-PMT Game List',"GameName",Ascending),StoreNum=Value(varUser.Department),Not(GameID in EAMPMTCapture.GameID)))

Basically if the item is listed on 2 different data sets, the record is not shown on the gallery.

Is there a better way to not show an item in a gallery?  If I place a lookup field in the gallery from a different data source, can I filter the gallery with that label?  Ive tried a few ways unsuccessfully.

Thanks!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ckserra33 ,

You have a number of Delegation issues there particularly the relational lookup. Try the below - it is still a "hidden" limit on the result of the top filter

With(
   {
      wList:
      Filter(
         'EAM-PMT Game List',
         (Value(varUser.Department) = 6250 && StoreNum = 116) ||
         StoreNum = Value(varUser.Department)
      )
   },
   SortByColumns(
      Filter(
         wList,
         !(GameID in EAMPMTCapture.GameID)
      ),
      "GameName",
      Ascending,
      "Modifier",
      Ascending
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ckserra33 ,

You have a number of Delegation issues there particularly the relational lookup. Try the below - it is still a "hidden" limit on the result of the top filter

With(
   {
      wList:
      Filter(
         'EAM-PMT Game List',
         (Value(varUser.Department) = 6250 && StoreNum = 116) ||
         StoreNum = Value(varUser.Department)
      )
   },
   SortByColumns(
      Filter(
         wList,
         !(GameID in EAMPMTCapture.GameID)
      ),
      "GameName",
      Ascending,
      "Modifier",
      Ascending
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thank you again for the help!  That worked perfectly!!  Had to hunt where to place the closing "}" but perfect!  Thanks again!

Chris

Hi @ckserra33 ,

Yep - problem with typing in Notepad with no "red lines" - original now fixed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,675)