cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Integrate a Flow with button on PowerApps

I want to add a button which works alongside a flow, the button will be displayed on the app that lets employees to send out their weekly timesheet entries, within the list in SharePoint where each individuals entries are stored they are not stored in bulks just individual entries per employees, but what I want is that their entries are sent in a bulk for each employee, I have managed to group the list by Employee and the clock_in date/time to keep it organised.

Now where it gets complex, an employees entries would be send out to their managers (how the flow should run following this stages: it's sent to a site manager then a construction manager, then a contract manager then accounts)  but they if their manager is not available automatically it would go another manager to be viewed and approved.

What I decided to do is create a group email for the different stages G1-G4 (so that all managers in their respective group can have access to the entries and anyone who views it first can approve/reject), G1 is where the site managers emails will be , then G2 for construction managers emails, then G3 and so on. If we add a button to the app and create the flow to work with the button and update the columns (G1,G2,G3,G4) to approve/reject on SharePoint list how would that play out.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@SandraAkujobi 

What is your question?  All I can see here is a description of your app and what you decided to do...

The question is what formulas should I use on the button on PowerApps, I 've tried one before but it didn't send out any entries just the title of the message. I've tried different formulas on PowerApps and flows to try to  make it work but none are working or doing as planned. I just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas or formulas or flows that would work in this case.

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

It sounds like you are trying to package up the time entries to send as a parameter for the flow. Since all the information needed is in the SharePoint list you really don't need to do that.  You can kick off the flow with a button, perhaps including the start and stop dates you want to process.  Then have the flow do a get items on the list to get all the entries.  Then you can use filters and loops to process the records and send the approvals.  It is pretty complex, but definitely possible

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,257)