cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Integrated Form not saving attachments

I have a power apps integrated form.  Attachments are allowed in the list and the Attachments data card is all default and locked.

Attachments are pdf files but are not being saved.   No error messages and I have removed the DataCard and re-added it.   Still not saving.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Size??  Perhaps the files are larger than the maximum setting?

Just a thought.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Size??  Perhaps the files are larger than the maximum setting?

Just a thought.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

What is the maximum setting in SharePoint do you know?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Do you have any suggestions for a better way to handle these attachments?   It appears from the historical items in the old list that there will be many that can't be uploaded (historical list is SharePoint xml form library) to a standard SharePoint list.   

Maybe a document library with a meta data property that identifies which item it belongs to?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Well I would first confirm that limits are the factor by trying a small pdf file.  If that works, then limits are the issue.

SharePoint will take large files, but the PowerApps attachment control will only allow up to a certain size.

Then you might change the MaxAttachmentSize property on the attachment control to see if you can raise it to what you need.

Beyond that, yes a Doc library is a preference, but it comes with a cost...you cannot create a doc library Item from PowerApps, and need to enlist the help of a PowerAutomate flow to create it.  Once created, you can interact with it like any other list item.

So it seems that there is a mix of issues.   I have solved some of them by increasing the max file size.   In a couple cases they are not .pdf files, but emails that have file attachments on them.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Yes, that can get a little messy with emails with attachments as you have very little control over them.

In the past (just as an FYI), we implemented a system where emails were brought into the app to review and then attachments could be saved to the list (again it was a doc library and a flow was used).  This became a very flexible solution as the app allowed the user to pick the attachments as well as other files and even the email, but they all ended up as separate items in the library.  

Just a thought as well...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,558)