Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatLampMan42069
Helper I
Helper I

Integrating Checkbox Multi-Item Editing with Existing Editable Gallery

Hello,

I am currently creating a PowerApps that allows me to search for items/users within a SharePoint, and on the second screen, there is an editable gallery that is filtered out based on the item that is selected. As it is currently set up, the items in the editable grid are essentially just a function that filters out the gallery based on our selection; that is what the items of the gallery are. I also established row numbers within the items, and I run a funciton on a button that allows me to "apply down" changes that are made within the items of a row. The issue I run into is that I want to be able to edit items based on check boxes within the gallery; the check boxes collect the data of the items within the row, and I want to create a separate button that applies the changes to the items within the selected row based on the input of the field of boxes outside the gallery. (i.e., I select 4 rows using the check boxes, and there are 4 input fields outside of the gallery, the input will be copied to the fields wihtin the selected row). I tried to incorporate a method seen in Reza's video by going based on different variables that we esatblish; the issue I run into is that the changes are not displayed are put through since his functions call to variables that hold the gallery items whereas my gallery items are pulled directly based on the filtered gallery. How can I use the checkboxes when I cannot call to the selected records since they are within collections that I cannot call to in the gallery?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,127)