cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Integrating teams

Hello everyone,

I have develop one app which is known as project management app I am trying to integrate with teams, like whenever we download file it should be showing in file tab of application in teams, plus whatever we create new post it should integrate in teams calendar.

Regards,

Sagar shah

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

so all of this is possible, you just have to know what calendar and what document folder you are working with.

for the teams calendar, I assume you are working with the teams group calendar. https://www.marksgroup.net/blog/microsoft-teams-add-a-group-calendar-to-teams/. If this is the case, you would need to use the O365 calendar connector and specify the correct calendar for which to add the item in your app or flow. 

same thing with files--each team channel has its own files, so depending on what channel your app is in, you will need to store the files in the right location for them to show in the correct files tab.. Go to the files tab in which you want the files to appear, click the open in SharePoint link, and copy the URL of the document library that is used by the desired teams channel.

Also, since you are doing project management, you may want to also incorporate Planner for your project tasks. There is a great connector for planner, but there again your team could be connected to any planner environment/project, so you will need to specify in your app with planner to use to create tasks.

To summarize--teams is a great experience in that it brings together multiple disconnected pieces into a cohesive whole experience; however, there is no way to dynamically get the calendar, files location, and planner environment that are connected to the Teams channel in which your app is embedded. You will need to specify those locations when you build your app.

@sagar_shah  if this answers your question, please mark it as a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (93,595)