cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Integration with Azure Blob Storage

I'm running into the following issue. I am testing how well PowerApps integrate with the Azure Blob Storage. 

I followed the basics at this tutorial and first it seemed to work. 

After a few hours I went back and I made some changes to the structure of the excel file that I uploaded accroding to the tutorial.

Before the images where stored as a relative path into a container. In the ".\tableName_images\fileName.fileExtension" format.

After the changes it looks like "blob:http://127.0.0.1:38582/9f2311df-458b-41ea-bcfd-d03758048798" and no files are uploaded into the blob storage. 

What am I doing wrong or what should I change to make it work again?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Integration with Azure Blob Storage

Hi @Anonymous,

Actually those image files are saved as file path in Excel, so when changing the file path, it will cause the image not display.

(The Image folder should be created by PowerApps automatically)

Check the following document for more details:

Using Multimedia files in PowerApps

Specially for the "Upload pen drawings to the cloud" part.

Besides, based on what I know, there is no direct way to save the image file directly within PowerApps, there is a blog talking about using Custom API to upload image to Azure Blob Storage, which you may take a look:

How to upload images from the camera control to Azure blob Storage

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

structure of excel file

This is the structure of the Excel sheet that I uploaded into the Azure Blob Storage.

First the images were stored as a relative path like "./excelsheet_images/filename.fileExtension"

After I made some changes in the PowerApp suddenly the images were being stored as you can see in the screenshot. Since then PowerApps isn't able to retrieve the uploaded images. So I wonder if I did something wrong or if this is some strange bug from PowerApps.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

You can now store your files in Azure Blob Storage, see the blog post for more info: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/upload-files-from-powerapps-using-the-azure-blob-storage-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,346)