cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LinnZawWin
Level: Powered On

Intellisense Issue with Experimental Enhanced #FormulaBar

Is anyone else encountering Intellisense issue with Experimental Enhanced #FormulaBar where the code-completion doesn't remove the user entered partial words properly?

Based on my observation, it would just remove the alphanumeric characters immediately before the cursor and not removing the characters before a space or the single quote ' 

Scenario 1

The maker entered  'Assess 
Pressed CTRL + Space and chose 'Assessment Question' from the list.

Expectation: 'Assessment Question'

Outcome: ''Assessment Question'    (with x2 single quotes in the beginning)

Scenario

The maker entered  'Assessment Q

Pressed CTRL + Space and chose 'Assessment Question' from the list.

Expectation: 'Assessment Question'

Outcome: 'Assessment 'Assessment Questions'     (with space and all characters before space not being removed)

It's a bit annoying to move the cursor and remove the characters manually and it would be great if it can be fixed.

I've also attached the screenshot of both scenarios.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Intellisense Issue with Experimental Enhanced #FormulaBar

Hi @LinnZawWin ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

Actually, it is a normal behaviour with Intellisense in PowerApps Studio. When you type the 'Assessment Question' from Intellisense box, it would type the whole text value into the formula box, it would not detect if there is already a single quote existed within the formula box.

So when you use Intellisense functionality in PowerApps Studio, please type data source name, Function name, operators ... directly without adding additional single quote.

On your side, within the formula box, please type Assessment Quest... directly (until the Intellisense show up) rather than 'Assessment Quest... Please refer to the following GIF screenshot for more details:

Test.gif

If you would like this feature to be improved in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @LinnZawWin ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

Actually, it is a normal behaviour with Intellisense in PowerApps Studio. When you type the 'Assessment Question' from Intellisense box, it would type the whole text value into the formula box, it would not detect if there is already a single quote existed within the formula box.

So when you use Intellisense functionality in PowerApps Studio, please type data source name, Function name, operators ... directly without adding additional single quote.

On your side, within the formula box, please type Assessment Quest... directly (until the Intellisense show up) rather than 'Assessment Quest... Please refer to the following GIF screenshot for more details:

Test.gif

If you would like this feature to be improved in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

LinnZawWin
Level: Powered On

Thanks for your answer and it solved the problem if I don't start with single quote ' 

But it is not a normal behaviour with Intellisense in PowerApps Studio for the old formula bar (as you mentioned). I just turned off the feature to test it again and it would detect a single quote or the single quote with the partial word before the space to replace the word correctly. (as in the following GIF screenshot)

Old Formula Bar.gif

I will submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,587)