cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
JoAnneCharlotte
Helper II
Helper II

Intermittent SharePoint list connection issue

Hello I’m experiencing connection issues with our apps - it’s not limited to a specific app or SharePoint list. My SharePoint lists are in a site where all users have access to. Some lists are large (over 15k records) but I don’t believe it’s a size thing as it’s giving a connection error when trying to load pages with data under 1000 records. The error messages are often different. This morning my manager tried to log a ticket in our help desk app and got the following message:

 

You don’t have permission to create this row

Server Response: Requests Temp failed: Something went wrong

 

My manager, all users actually, DO have permissions to access and edit that list. It was setup in 2019 and been working fine since then. But over the last month different users have been getting these errors.

 

Any ideas???

 

thanks 

Jo-Anne

3 REPLIES 3
ShanK
New Member

No ideas sorry but I am having the exact same issue and can’t seem to find a definitive source. Some errors are related to licensing (where I’ve checked and licence and permissions are all correct), some errors state a problem with plug ins, another with owner attribute. If anyone can assist I would appreciate it!

ShanK
New Member

Hi again @JoAnneCharlotte 

 

I found a solution that’s fixed this issue in our environment. Hope it works for you!

I had to update the user licence for the user who is the job owner for the workflow pushing the data between SharePoint and CRM. For us this was 6 separate workflows. 
The job owner was upgraded to the full D365 Customer Service Enterprise licence. The user then had the system customiser and administrator roles applied in CRM. Our job owner is a service account that was used in the initial build so hadn’t been updated. I then assigned all workflows to this user account for this instance. 
In addition, I reviewed the app instances using this flow to ensure all user licences met the requirements. Many were set ip as Team Member licences so I had to remove some custom entities not in use from their app instance to keep it under 15 entities as per the licence guide for those users. 
The error we got occurred when the user attempting the action had less access than the job owner for the workflow either in their licence or within the crm security role, hence why the issue was intermittent. 

Hope this works for you and feel free to reach out if needed!

 

Shannon

Sorry to clarify, the Sys admin and customisers were applied to the job owner user not system users trying to execute 😁

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,666)