cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rapha222 Advocate III
Advocate III

Internal Server Error - Filtering by Date

Hi!

My app was working perfectly some weeks ago and without any changes isn't working now. I did some changes today in the filter in order to understand the error... and I discovered that if I use a Date field in the filter, the application doesn't show any information and the following message is showed: "An error occurred on the server. Server response: Internal Server Error" and the PowerApp doesn't generate the SQL (I'm using Data Gateway to connect in my SQL Server database and monitoring with SQL Profiler)

I simplify my filter for:

### PROBLEM FILTERING BY DATE ###

Filter('#Data Source#', date = DatePicker1.SelectedDate)

if I change the filter for the following filter (without filter by date), the SQL is generated and the data showed:

Filter('#Data Source#', TextSearchBox1.Text in description)

-- It shows that the DataBase and the Gateway are working well.

General informations about my environment:

- Database version Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2) - 10.50.4000.0 (X64)   Jun 28 2012 08:36:30   Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation  Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor)

- Database date type: [datetime]

- Using Database Gateway;

- I tested on PowerApp Desktop Tool and on the web Tool, experiencing the same error.

Looks like a bug in the Power App Server but, Anyone has any suggestion?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Internal Server Error - Filtering by Date

Hi @Rapha222,

I just tested the filter with SQL Server 2016 datatime column, and the filter works:

19.PNG20.PNG

Are there any related information under SQL profiler when the following error occurred?

"An error occurred on the server. Server response: Internal Server Error"

Besides, any configurations that you have made for the datepicker control?

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
mokhawaja Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi,

i am facing the same error when i try to filter a galler by a datepicker control... i am using CDS backend...and actually this error shows up on the runtime, but when i go to edit the error, it just refreeshes the formula, and the error is gone (in edit mode), then when i test again on mobile the same error comes at the beginning of the app launch, but the app is functioning normally and the data is filtered when i choose different dates.

it is just annoying to see this error, which i think is some kind of a bug in powerapps datepicker control.

regards,

Mohammad

pyee Advocate III
Advocate III

I'm still seeing this... the workaround I have is using:

Filter('[dbo].[vw_PowerApps_RunTickets]', Value(TicketDate) >= Value(DatePicker1.SelectedDate))

but it can't be processed remotely, so it's not an ideal solution. I'm on SQL Server 2012, and have verified that TicketDate is a Date value, not DateTime... has anyone come up with a better solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,088)