cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cmcsweeney Helper I
Helper I

Internet Explorer Play small Window

Hi Guys, I am trying to "Play" an App i have built in Make.powerapps.com "Your Apps" listing and it is opening a new Internet Explorer window very small which i cannot re-size or maximise!!!!

I cannot find a solution anywhere, So i have to Click "Edit" and then the "Play" symbol in edit mode to test features. Surely this cannot be right. 

Thanks for any advice.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Internet Explorer Play small Window

Hi @Cmcsweeney ,

Strange response on a Microsoft forum, but I have all sorts of issues (not this one though) with Edge/Explorer.

All works good on Chrome except camera in PC.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Cmcsweeney Helper I
Helper I

Thank you this worked perfectly to test the app in pay model.

@claudiosvcc 

6 REPLIES 6
Community Champion

Hi @Cmcsweeney ,

Strange response on a Microsoft forum, but I have all sorts of issues (not this one though) with Edge/Explorer.

All works good on Chrome except camera in PC.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Cmcsweeney, this doesn't sound right to me too. Can you please reply with a screenshot of what's happening and, if possible, a session id so we can do some investigation on that?

Community Champion

Hi @Cmcsweeney ,

I will leave you with Microsoft expert @claudiosvcc here.

I will also keep track as I want to know the answer myself as some of our users have Explorer mainly as default.

Cmcsweeney Helper I
Helper I

Hi claudiosvcc

Screenshot attached when i Click the Play button, I cannot drop the new Windows explorer window larger or click "maximise"

The only way to test the ap is click "Edit" in the list of apps and then click "play"

Thanks for any help you can give. as explorer open ok for other applications i use and additional tabs perfectly.

Thanks

ciaran

Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Cmcsweeney I believe this was incorrectly labeled as "solved", can you please clarify if you still have the issue?

We could verify that indeed clicking on the "Play" button it opens in a non-resizeable window on IE.

Two ways to mitigate the problem:

1) if you copy the url of the page and paste it in a regular IE tab it will open correctly. So, that should unblock you.

OR

2) IE, however, has a setting to always open pop-ups as new tabs. 

This what you need to do (assuming your IE is in english).

Go to:

Tools (the gear icon on top right of IE screen) -> Internet Options

In the Internet Options Menu, stay on "General" Tab and click on button "Tabs".

on the Tabbed Browsing Settings menu, on the "When a pop-up is encountered" section, pick "Always open pop-ups in a new tab".

Naturally, this may have different implications if your company makes a lot of use of pop-ups. Please pick whichever works better for you.

Cmcsweeney Helper I
Helper I

Thank you this worked perfectly to test the app in pay model.

@claudiosvcc 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,048)